Our mission is to maintain and improve quality, efficacy, and efficiency in the public health system. We offer a wide range of expertise from health care planning, economics, pharmaceuticals, health literacy, health promotion, and health reporting to evidence-based decision-making support.
We provide systematically compiled databases, analyses, and expertise as a foundation for informed decision making. In order to do this, we closely monitor the public health system and the determinants which influence the population's health. By networking, providing information, and raising awareness, we prove to be an effective communication platform for the public health system.
Our greatest strengths are the competences, qualifications, and personal dedication of our staff, coupled with expertise in and knowledge of the latest methods in data analysis. Our scientific staff are free to pursue research or consultancy work within our remit. Project teams are multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary and we have a broad network of independent specialists who contribute their expertise as well.
We carry out research and act as consultants. This is reflected in our active partnerships in national and international consultancy, knowledge, and research networks. Although we focus on Austrian and European clients, our network of clients spans the globe.
Our activities for international clients range from research to consultancy, including, for example, Joint Actions on e-Health, HTA, health information and tackling antimicrobial resistance and healthcare-associated infections. We provide consultancy and technical guidance in different fields, e.g. the pricing of medicines, hospital planning, or health care competency and can evaluate health care projects.
Collaboration with the WHO
We are proud to host two WHO Collaborating Centres, one on Pharmaceutical Pricing and Reimbursement Policies and one for Health Promotion in Hospitals and Health Care. We also facilitate the WHO Action Network on Measuring Population and Organizational Health Literacy.
International Cooperations and Network Partners
Among our cooperation partners rank (selection):
- World Health Organisation (WHO)
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
- European Health Forum Gastein (EHFG)
- Patient organisations
GÖG represents Austria in several comittees and organizations (selection):
- Chief Dental Officer
- WHO Evidence-informed Policy Network (EVIPNet)
- World Marrow Donor Association
- Austrian REITOX Focal Point
Important research partners are (selection):
- European Observatory on Health Systems and Policies
- European Public Health Association (EUPHA)
- London School of Economics
- University of Utrecht
- SOGETI Luxembourg
GÖG is part of several international networks (selection):
- Pharmaceutical Pricing and Reimbursement Policy Information Network (PPRI)
- International Network of Agencies for Health Technology Assessment (INAHTA)
- International Association for Communication in Healthcare (EACH)
- International Association of National Public Health Institutes (IANPHI)
- International Union for Health Promotion & Education (IUHPE)
- Health System Policy Monitor Network